Oh how I’ve missed you guys. It’s been an awesomely busy school year as I enter my second year teaching. I’m learning more about myself personally and professionally and I am literally doing it one day at a time. Which brings me to the topic of discussion; ways to be the best version of yourself.
- Read for Joy: I recently read the book Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis and I’ve been obsessed with her take on life ever since – she also has a Podcast called Rise so you can get an idea of what she’s about on that platform.
- Wake up an Hour Earlier: I know this is easier said than done, but it really does make a difference. I make myself wake up an hour earlier than I have to Monday – Friday so I can do something for personal growth or self care. Rather that be work on my blog, exercise, make a great breakfast, or take an extra long shower followed by a facial.
- Drink Water: Seriously, hydrate yourself. This brings me back to point #2 , the first thing I do in the morning is drink 16oz of water. It helps if you have a water bottle you actually like too, I recommend the Swell or Corksicle brand.
- Gratitude: I’m a writer, my favorite thing to do at the end of a long day is write down that good. I feel like it’s so easy to come home after a long day and complain about what went wrong, but what went right? Commit to writing down 10 simple, beautiful moments that happened that specific day. If you’re not a writer like myself, theres tons of apps available.
- Create routines: this can be a morning routine, or a night routine. I won’t get specific here but I will share that when I get personally overwhelmed I sit and write how I want my day to go and the order and it helps tremendously! I do this with my personal and professional life. It can be as simple as planning when you do your laundry or if you’re like me you set up your coffee filter, wash the dishes, and prepare your water so the morning (that you wake up an hour earlier) is a breeze.
Unsubscribe from pointless emails: I do this monthly, it helps me weed out what’s important and what isn’t. Plus, I’d hate to miss out on something important because I accidentally deleted it with that expired coupon from a store I’ve probably never been to.
What can you do today to represent the best version of yourself?